When collecting number plates our customers are required to provide certain documents which prove their identity and their entitlement to use a registration number. Buyers will not be able to collect new number plates from their collection point without having shown the required documentation. More information on what specific documents are needed can be found below.
Registered Number Plate Suppliers
All our collection points are number plate suppliers registered with the DVLA. Before issuing new plates they will need to see original documentation for identity and the entitlement to use a registration number. They also need record information relating to those documents and keep it securely for three years to be in full compliance with legal requirements. If you turn up to collect your new plate without taking your documents the supplier will not be able to supply the plate. Your number plate can only be released after your identity and entitlement has been recorded.
Important: No Documentation - No Number Plates
By law one from the following list is required for proof of identity.
- Driving licence
- Utility bill or council tax statement
- Bank or building society statement
- Current passport
- Credit or debit card
- Police warrant card or an armed forces identity card
Registration Entitlement Documents
One of the following is required for proof of entitlement to use the registration number.
- Vehicle registration certificate - V5C or V5CNI
- Keeper supplement of the registration certificate - V5C/2 or V5C/2NI
- Certificate of entitlement - V750
- Retention document - V778
- Vehicle licence renewal form - V11
- Temporary registration certificate - V379
- Authorization certificate with an official stamp - V948
Our Affiliates and Collection Branches
All our manufacturers and suppliers are registered with the DVLA and have R.N.P.S ID's which allows them to supply road legal number plates. We run due diligence checks on their businesses to check they are credible and trustworthy. We insist they use high quality materials when assembling your plate and are experienced suppliers.